Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Grampy the Daredevil

Bob Spugnardi, circa 1948

The passage of time is never more acute then when you find a black and white photograph of people you love in a time before your memory. This is one of my favorites. My dad the daredevil and a few of his most trusting friends from the neighborhood. It is the essence of boyhood and it makes me smile to think of my dad this way – playful, daring, in flight! When I asked my dad if he made that jump he replied "Sure, I made that jump... I always made the jump". 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

two posts. two very beautiful pictures.

ross

Isabella Emiline said...

haha, i love it! i never knew he was so... wild. those lewiston boys must have been pretty funny. were they well known?

JoJo said...

this is super awesome! napolean dynamite and evel knievel got nothing on grampy. grandparent power!!!