
Things keep getting more and more farm-like 'round here. The Frednardi's are chick sitting for the Gaven family while they are vacationing. Sara (our dog) has been in heaven, what with the gerbils and the guinea pig and the chickens. Her herding instincts are in high gear as she roams from one cage to the next. We are looking forward to a share of the eggs (hint), which should start appearing in 3 months or so. Until then, they are just cute. FYI: The city of SoPo recently went through the process of allowing suburbanites to keep up to 6 laying hens (no roosters) on their property.

4 comments:
How does SoPo feel about pig farming? There was a dirt road that ran from Dyer school all the way down to Broadway charmingly called "Pig Road". I was told that it was named that because there used to be pig farm back down there. It was never an official road name to the best of my knowledge. Also, down next to the old VFW, there used be (still is?) a guy who had a bunch of sheep on his property. It always struck me as odd. Right there in the middle of South Portland. Right next to where I played little league. These are both 70's memories for me. I hope we're not going back there again. I'll have to get my old roller skates out.
The Piggery used to be one of the best of the suburbanite drinkin holes....
By the way, you played Little League?
I signed on as anonymous in case Mom reads this. Dammit, there's a clue.
yeah the chickens were all because of rainfire!
Hee hee, yes they were, that's me!
WICKED cool Bella. Nice, nice, nice.
Post a Comment